Paying a deposit is accepting our terms and conditions.
1. Minimum numbers apply for each menu selection. These are:
- Buffet Menu – 50 people
- BBQ Menu – 50 people
- Salad Menu – 20 people
- Conference Menu – 30 people
- Set Menu – 50 people
- Finger Food – 40 people
2. Tentative bookings will be held for a seven day period at which time a deposit of $800.00 or 30% (depending on cost of the function) will be required to confirm the date and secure the booking. Large functions may also be required to make a down payment 1 month prior to the event.
3. Crockery and cutlery hire are not included in the menu pricing which relates only to the food content and the staff required to serve the food at the function. If your venue hire does not include cutlery and crockery, we can add it to your quotation. Please take note that if you decide to hire from another company everything will need to be picked up and delivered by that hirer. The Gourmet Chef charges for setting out and washing up anything not ours at a rate of $38.50 per hour, and washing must be organised prior to the event, as we usually wash up at our base of operations in Mildura.
4. If the function is not being held in Mildura then traveling costs may be applied for each staff member as well as transport costs.
5. The company reserves the right to change menu items at the last minute if certain produce is unavailable, due to unforeseen circumstances.
6. All functions must be paid for by direct deposit, EFTPOS, cash or bank cheque, 3 days prior to the event, unless an alternative payment has been arranged at least 7 days prior.
7. All invoices will be based on the confirmed numbers one week prior to the function.
8. If a function was to cancel and you have a deposit. We offer full refund up to 3 months prior event. Within the 3 months we keep 30% of deposit. If cancelled within 7 days of event and cannot rebook the date we keep the full deposit, and you may be charged for any expenses we’ve already incurred in anticipation of the event.
9. Late fees may apply if not paid by due date. Unless prior arrangement has been made.
10. Quotes are only guaranteed for 30 days unless otherwise stated.
We do not provide linen or fabric serviettes. We do not fold napkins for weddings, we leave that up to the Bridal group so it can be done the way they want it. If you would like us to fold napkins it is a charge of $2.20 per napkin. We can provide folded 2-ply white paper dinner napkins free of charge.
We suggest that the client organises where people will sit and arrange seating accordingly so we can set the tables with glassware, cutlery and crockery. This is only applicable if you want to change the seating of 10 people at each round table.
The bar service is conducted only at the bar. If you require table service for drinks there is additional beverage staff charged at $38.50 an hour per staff member. We follow to the states RSA policy.
We try to work on a 2 to 3 hour duration of service depending on the event. If we operate over the 3 hour duration charges will apply. $38.50 per person per hour.
We always require adequate power source. Preferably 2 x 15 amp power points that are separate. We do have 15 amp to 10 amp converters we can use as well. If there is no power on site we can organise a generator for use of the event. Charges will apply for hire of a 65 KVA generator.
Any loss or breakages of our equipment and glassware will be charged at the full amount of the replacement.
We charge $38.50 per hour per food service staff ($82.50 per hour per beverage service staff) for the duration of time and travel and accommodation if needed for the event.
At the end of each year, all prices are re-assessed and prices may vary.